The travel reimbursement program pre-application form will be available from August 22nd, 2016
About the Travel Funding Program
What is the GSA Travel Funding Program?
- The GSA Travel Funding Program is designed to provide PARTIAL financial support to UT Graduate Students who attend a conference or symposium.
- Note: If you are invited to speak at a symposium, then you are also eligible to receive funding from this program.
- This is for out-of-pocket expenses only; P-card charges will not be reimbursed.
What types of expenses can I have funded through the GSA?*
- Conference/seminar/symposium registration
- Travel expenses including:
- Mileage (Gas receipts must be submitted along with the mileage report. Even though the gas receipts aren’t reimbursable, they will verify that the student attended the conference)
- Cab Fare
- Bus Fare
- Poster Printing
- Networking opportunities are NOT reimbursable.
- Food/drink expenses are NOT reimbursable.
* See instructions for receiving funding for full guidelines regarding travel reimbursement. Make sure you read these before you depart for your conference.
- If found “double dipping” (defined as asking for funding for the same exact item from two different sources) that graduate student will be banned from the GSA Travel Funding Program for their remaining tenure as a student at UT.
- Example: A student asking for a $50.00 reimbursement from GSA as well as from their department for one $50.00 expense. This would result in the student receiving $100.00 for a single $50.00 expense. This is clear abuse of the system and absolutely will not be tolerated.
- If found guilty of double dipping and sanctions are imposed, the decision is final.
- The Travel Funding Program is a privilege not a right.
- GSA has the right to decline funding in the case of a student failing to adhere to the travel funding procedures.
- Students will have one chance to resubmit an improper application. If the second submission also fails to adhere to the travel reimbursement procedure the application will be denied.
- Applications and receipts will not be returned to you once submitted, so please make your own copies.
- GSA will send out a confirmation email upon receiving your final application package, submitted after your trip. Your application will be reviewed within 14 days by the Travel Funding Committee for approval. You will be contacted via email once the decision has been made.
- Due to the growing popularity of the Travel Funding Program, funding may become limited. GSA reserves the right to impose a hierarchical approach for the selection of applicant funding. This hierarchy will be based on GSA funding availability, conference attendance status (presenter or visitor), or GSA membership level.
If you have any questions about the application process or the status of your application, please feel free to contact Geethika Liyanage via email or phone.