Health Insurance

Here we try to provide accurate and up-to-date information so you can make an informed decision.

Official Policy:  If you are required by your program/college to have health care coverage, the charge for student health insurance care coverage will be placed on your student account. This coverage is required for students in the MD program and in the Colleges of Nursing, Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences, Health Sciences, and for student-athletes. If you are an international student holding a J-1 visa and have a federal requirement for health care coverage, the charge for that coverage will be placed on your student account. The charge may be waived after you provide evidence that you have other, comparable health care insurance/coverage.

All other University of Toledo students may enroll voluntarily in the SEBT Health Coverage Plan by going to the SEBT website and providing your information and payment. For more information regarding the University of Toledo policy, SEBT, and pricing for plans click here.
NOTE: There are certain dates the University of Toledo has for the Open Enrollment/Waiver period!

Alternately, you may choose to purchase health care coverage through the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Federal Exchanges or enroll on parent, spouse or family health care plans.

Feel free to send comments or concerns about your experiences with SEBT or alternative providers to  We will continue to add more information as it is received.

On-Campus Student Health

  1. Main Campus Medical Center (419-530-3451): Located at the Southwest side of campus across from International House and Academic House, next to Rocket Hall; 1675 West Rocket Drive
  2. Health Science Campus Student Health and Wellness Center (419-383-5000): Located in the Lower Level Suite #013 of Ruppert Health Center


Last Updated: 07/17/2018