Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time! This allows time for check-in and addressing any other concerns before you present.
Seminar Presentation Format
Participants are responsible for bringing their presentation on the day of the event. This includes bringing PowerPoint/Slideshow on flash drive or own printed poster.
The following guidelines have been adopted for seminar presentation:
- Moderators will be present in each presentation room to address use of clickers, introduction of the seminar presenter, and answer questions before the start of the session.
- Abstracts scheduled for seminar presentation will be grouped by topic, per the discretion of the UT GSA. Not all topics will be identical in a room due to a wide variety of presentation subject matter and limited space and availability!
- Talks are to be 20 minutes: 15 minutes for presentation, 5 minutes for questions. Moderators will be present in room to help keep time and give the 5-minute and 1 minute warning. These warning will apply to the first 15 minutes of the presentation! It is your responsibility to remember to leave time for questions!
- 2 points will be deducted if a presenter goes over 20 minutes!
- Slide font type should be easily legible. A minimum font size of Arial 18 or its equivalent is recommended.
- Participants are responsible for bringing their presentation on the day of the event. Presentations will be loaded prior to each seminar session.
Poster Presentation Format
The poster session is two hours in length. Authors should be available during that time to answer questions, expand on the material, and take part in discussions. The following guidelines have been adopted:
- Abstracts scheduled for poster session presentation will be grouped by topic.
- Poster presentations should be no longer than 10 minutes to allow judges adequate time for scoring! One judge may have multiple posters so please respect their time!
- Posters should be mounted on assigned boards. Your poster number will be posted on your board prior to set up.
- Posters should be no larger than 48″ x 36″ or 4′ x 3′. May be vertical or horizontal orientation but we ask that you respect dimensions in order to accommodate other student’s posters on a poster stand.
- Type should be easily legible at a distance of several feet.
- Poster pins/Velcro tags will be provided at the front desk.