Who is eligible for the GSA Travel Funding Program?
All graduate students enrolled at the University of Toledo are automatically members of the GSA and thus are eligible for travel funding.
How many graduate students will the GSA fund to attend the same conference in the same year?
- The GSA will fund no more than 5 graduate students to attend the same conference. It is our hope that the GSA will be able to help as many students as possible and that graduate students will professionally represent the University of Toledo in as many diverse disciplines as possible.
- Preference will be given on a (first come- first serve basis) in order of received applications either through the travel reimbursement process or by meeting with the treasurer and arranging a pre-pay agreement.
How much money am I eligible for?
- Students are eligible for travel funding up to a specific amount per academic year (July 1, 2017- June 30, 2018).
- The total amount of funding students are eligible for is based on the activity of the individual in the GSA*:
GSA 2017-2018 Travel Reimbursement Rates:
- Inactive – $100
- Active Member – $300
- MGRS Volunteer – $300 + 6 month extension of funding eligibility
- Note: Volunteers for MGRS will have their eligibility for funding extended six months. This means that for the 2017-2018 academic year, volunteers will be eligible for conference funding up to October 7th, 2018.
- Note: GSA travel reimbursement rates are set at each new fiscal year (July 1st) and may vary from year to year. If you volunteer for MGRS and you conference takes place after the start of the new fiscal year (after July 1st) you will be reimbursed at the rate set for the new fiscal year.
- MGRS Coordinators – $400
- GSA Representative – $400
- GSA Officer – $400
* Important Note: Active vs. non-active membership is determined when a request for funding is submitted. For more details see the instructions for receiving travel funding.
What is the difference between an Active vs. Non-active member?
- All graduate students at the University of Toledo are automatically entered into the GSA as non-active members.
- Active status is granted to a graduate student in 1 of 2 ways:
- Attend 2 GSA General Assembly Meetings (Click Here for dates/times)
- Volunteer at the Midwest Graduate Research Symposium (MGRS):
- Information on the MGRS (Click Here)
- To volunteer: Sign-up via the MGRS webpage
- Active status is granted for a 6-month duration after one of the requirements for active status is met.
If you have any questions about travel reimbursement or wish to check your GSA status, please feel free to contact the GSA Treasurer, Kristy Kagy (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the GSA email (email@example.com).